The strawberry patch is open for the season, Monday through Saturday, 8 AM to 7 PM or until picked out. Strawberry ripening can be unpredictable, so we STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO CALL AHEAD at (919)732-7701 to be sure we're open.
When we're open, we always have berries available for pick-your-own and we do our best to have berries available that are already picked. The best times to be sure you get pre-picked berries are weekday mornings.
If you are coming to pick berries, here are a few tips:
- We provide containers for you to pick in, and you can take the berries home in those containers. If you have our baskets or buckets from previous years, please bring them back and use them again!
- Only pick red berries. Orange ones aren't nearly as sweet, and strawberries don't ripen any further once you pick them.
- We love your pets, but for food safety reasons, we cannot allow animals in the strawberry field.
- Strawberry picking is open to all ages. Bring the whole family!
- Strawberry season also lasts for about a month, so come throughout the season for fresh berries.
- Just a reminder that we only accept cash or check. We do not take credit/debit cards, so please plan accordingly.
- Not only do we grow strawberries, but we have a host of other spring vegetables, such as lettuce, spinach, onions, beets, peas, and squash. We also have great cut flowers this time of year!
We are harvesting the following vegetables:
We also have plenty of no antibiotics, no added hormone Angus beef and Katahdin lamb.
Come see us at the Carrboro Farmers' Market or call to set up an appointment to pick up vegetables or meat at the Farm.
You can find us and our produce at:
1100 Efland Cedar Grove Rd.
Efland, NC 27243
Monday thru Saturday
8 AM to 7 PM or until picked out